A combination of doing clear New Year's Resolutions
and trying to order my life in a GTD manner has prompted me to think about what I want out of life.
Here are my life goals at the moment. Although, i'm sure this isn't particularly interesting for others to read, perhaps it may at least prompt other to look at what they want out of life too. It's quite interesting how little I am looking for out of life when you pin it down to life goals.Accommodation/Location
- I want to get a place of my own. I currently am living at my family home, squeezing every last drain of cash I have to pay for my MSc. Thankfully, after this I will be finished and hopefully will get a job shortly afterwards. I want to rent a place (in a city) as soon as I can, then buy my own house, preferably in the US. As far as the size of my house, the current size of house my parents own would be perfectly adequate ( moderately large 3 bedroom semi with a fairly big garden).Programming/Career
- I would like to be well known within the computing industry for writing books related to programming or for having helped develop a great application.
- Have my own personal website, that in some small way chronicles the rest of my life.
- I want to develop my own Operating System (or at least develop my own Linux distribution).
- I want to start my own tech related non-profit organisation (something like Mozilla foundation).Golf
- I want to be a scratch (play off a handicap of 0) golfer. In my youth I always wanted to become a professional golfer and did get down to a 7 handicap. At some point in my life I want to be a scratch golfer.Space
- I want to travel into space. I boy can dream...The things that didn't make the list...
- I dont know if their is someone out there for me (or at least someone who I can put up with and more difficultly, can put up with me!), whether I want to marry or whether I want to have kids.
- Money is a necessary evil to fulfil my goals and I hope I earn enough to fulfil my goals. Money, other than for those purposes, is not important to me.Visit my websiteFollow me on TwitterSee what music I likeFriend me on facebookSee what books I'm reading